Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Spoon Playing Spoons the Month After June


"Interview" today at Giovanni Bianco/ Studio 65. They have hired three new people since I interviewed w/ them last April, too full to take on anyone else, but will let me no if anything changes, yada yada yada. I guess I will keep trying to learn Italian anyways just to keep myself occupied. Afterwards, knife shopping w/ Lorna. A free Spoon show in the park tonight in the Financial District. It's all about silverware and such today ladies and gentlemen. Almost got rained into an elementary school, but the weather let up for a while, then eventually sprinkled spoon off stage. Seriously, just sprinkles. I love spoon, but I gotta say....they're hearts just weren't in it tonight. The horns section + baritone sax were the best part. The people were great though: the really strange couples that hold each other from back-pockets, the perpetual thigh drummer sitting on the stone wall, the trio of HS girls obviously a little obsessed w/ Spoon, etc.

It's good to be home...these last few days have been super exhausting. I'm ready to stay inside read, watch movies, and do some serious job hunting for a while. Plus, much more bearable w/a fan for one of my windows and a 2-week loaner a/c for the other. I actually slept w/ a blanket last night. Amazing!!!

Window full of wide-eyed, grinning, naked mannequins =creepy

No comments: