Monday, July 30, 2007

Double-header: Part I

Interview at Amalgamated. All planned out & somehow, things go south. Checked HopStop before I left & it gave me a different route than i had planned w/ a longer transit time. Ran out the door. Needed to go to W30th st, but stuck in my head was W40th st. Looking for #145 and I see a Blimpie that's 143 and the chinese place next door is 147. Hmmm...Crap. I'm an idiot. If that were right I would have been punctual. Now 10 blocks away and I have to turn my phone back on to call and say I'll be late. I grab a taxi, put on my dressy shoes, and never turn my phone off again. I get there, apologize for being tardy, go through my book and realize i forgot my posters, then my freakin phone rings. Is this a joke? What is my problem? Ok, so despite all the trouble I still think it went well. Faun seems really nice, the place has a good feel to it, and she responded really positively to my work, but it might be at least a few weeks before I here anything on this one.

No comments: