Tuesday, July 3, 2007

R. Kelly seems to be some kind of hero in America


Anyone confused about the pushing thumbs phrase? I'll elaborate. One of my new roommates just moved here from Germany. During a chat I mentioned I was keeping my fingers crossed that things would work out here. She said that the equivalant for that phrase in Germany is to say you are pushing your thumbs. If you physically did that, it would be like making a fist, but with your thumb underneath the other fingers.

Her first night here, she heard loud rap music coming from outside the apartment, probably R. Kelly. She hates his music, but is amazed that he seems to be somewhat of a hero in America. A fantastic view (from the roof and on the subject of R. Kelly).

Blast Off! To BoCoCa! Stopped into Rocketship to catch up on comics (Walking Dead and Runaways). A bit of trip to get there, though partly by subway, instant blisters. Oh, boogers. On my roof I read a bit and watched the pre-4th intermittent fireworks.

Most fascinating sight of the day: petite woman in dress sandals w/ really long beard

No comments: