Saturday, July 28, 2007

Not Everyone Is Cut Out To Be A Ninja

Bad ninja, bad. I had no idea what I had gotten myself into. Nauto and I lurk in the shadows. The elevator doors open and another group of spiffy diners steps in the dim room w/ a view of 2 doors in front of them. "Hiya!" And they're startled. "You have two choices: the easy way or the ninja passage way." Gee...which do you think they picked? Yup. They are led into the darkness, across a bridge, along a winding path. "Hiya!" Startled again and then step into "ninja village". They are led to their table/room and shut in with the sliding doors. "Gomay!" and a bow with each visit to the table. Everything is theatrical. A lame attraction at a theme park–the ones people only go to to sit in air conditioning for a while– beautiful setting, horrible cheese-ball acting. So I think we all know that this is out my character. The day after my first night of work I called to quit. First job in NY–check. A humorous story–check. Do you recall that J.Lo song "Waiting for Tonight"? R-rr-r-remix. "Ninja for one night" You hear that?

No comments: