Saturday, June 7, 2008

In my Country...

"I have an appointment at 4:30."
"Yes, have a seat."
Three polish women are yapping and laughing in polish. Yes, even laughing in polish. A women opens the door, calls my name and introduces herself, "I am Svetlana, and I will be cleaning your teeth today."

I'm laying down and she starts to poke around on my teeth. She maneuvers my head to face left, bends the sucky-tube (the technical name for it) and hangs it on the side of my mouth. She starts wailing away at my teeth with this machinery, that I have to say, looks a little primitive. The whole experience seems very "old world" and "eastern european." She is kind of rough in her technique, stabbing at my gums. Water and that grainy red stuff is flying all over my face and the sucky-tube isn't working so well. I'm gagging a bit, drooling, and Svetlana is repeatedly wiping shit off my face with my blue paper bib. At this point, I'm not completely sure, but I've just had a stroke, right? She tells me to rinse and sends me on my way. Polska!

Note: Svetlana is a russian name, I know... but I still really think they were all polish. Just a hunch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lil' Gecco:
I too am headed to the dentist this week. I haven't been to one in 2 years... it wasn't convenient for me and I had no ailments.
I hope to do better with the qualifying of my dental provider as Swetbag (or similar) seemed to do you nasty.
Don't want no crap wiped on my face, no, no, no. I'll go the tried and true route with The Acme Gum and Enamel Studio.
Bottles of Nitrous Oxide adorn the space-like chairs with speakers built into the headrests for patient listening pleasure...and a selection of 70's, 80's and 90's rock and country music.
No swetbags at ACME.
Would you expect anything les for Wile E?